Flowers and bee

Flowers and bee

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reread while reading something else...

Yes, I have not posted for awhile. I have been trapped in book that is good, informative - and that puts me to sleep. I think I will have to stop reading it - because it is bringing my reading adventures down.....

Yes - it happens to the best of us! That is why the phrase " the right book at the right time" is indeed a powerful one...

While I was wading through the above book, I broke away for a bit of fun and reread Venetia by Georgette Heyer. It is one of the first Heyers that I ever read. It has our title character trapped in the countryside but enjoying her life, the younger brother who gets into scrapes when he is not quoting Greek to her, and the mysterious Damerel who happens to be the rake next door. Well there goes the neighborhood! Again, a book of detail, pithy dialogue and people who should really stop listening to what the neighbors think! A wonderful regency done by the master. Have fun...

No comments: