Flowers and bee

Flowers and bee

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Audio Books and Mysteries

I went on a road trip and needed something to entertain me. So I got an audio book. Usually I read faster than an audio book, but driving through Indiana is fairly dull. So I grabbed a CD mystery, one in series my mystery buff friend had suggested to me in the past.

Cherry Cheesecake Murder
by Joanne Fluke

Hannah Swensen is the owner of the Cookie Jar shop. In this small town, she has two beaus, a cat with personality and a mother who hovers. And then on the side she solves murders. Yes, this is a cozy mystery with recipes. (And when you are listening to the recipes - believe me - you get hungry!) Yes, this book will not change the world, and I figured out who the murderer was before the end. But she writes with such humor and fun with this cast of town characters who seem like people you know. The personalities will keep you moving along in this series. Now I just have to find the first book, and start from there. Enjoy the fun!

No comments: