Flowers and bee

Flowers and bee

Friday, May 09, 2008

We're Just Like You, Only Prettier

Sometimes when you find a new author that seems to just click with your present sensibilities, you want to go out and just read everything they have written. I plead guilty. Having just discovered Celia Rivenbark (see previous post), I decided to read all her published works. I just finished up her first collection of humor essays entitled -Bless Your Heart, Tramp and then her follow up book - We're Just Like You, Only Prettier : Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle.

Once again, she runs the gamut from talking about children, husbands and being southern, female and everything in between. Definitely a giggle per minute. But I want more. Thank goodness she has a new one coming out this year. But until then, I will have pace myself with just a dabble from her newspaper column - it's not weekly, maybe biweekly - to keep the laughs coming. Thank god for RSS feeds. You can get to it via her website http://www.celiarivenbark.com/ .

A very funny read!

No comments: