Flowers and bee

Flowers and bee

Monday, October 25, 2010

Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work

Tim Gunn, Tim Gunn, Tim Gunn. Just saying his name makes me squee! I love the man! He is one of my favorite parts of Project Runway (PR) and he is just a classy guy.  I knew I would like this book right away, after all I did like his last one - see former review .

Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work by Tim Gunn with Ada Calhoun is a fun book if you are a fan of Tim and PR. It is a wacky mixture of PR gossip, behind the scenes info, and a mini memoir of Tim's life and career. And he tries to teach/remind us that good manners will get you far. And if that doesn't work - karma - might do you in...

But really it does not sound like he had a great home life growing up. It appears that he is enjoying his fame for what it is worth, but does not take it too seriously.  I think that is the secret to his success as a mentor on PR. He knows what it is like to be the nerdy kid in the room, and he relates to the designer's struggles.

Just when you are thinking the book gets a little too serious, he will come out with some snarky comment or PR gossip to keep the reader interested. A fun book. Definately a frothy one. And if your a fan of the man - a must read. We love you Tim Gunn!

No comments: